Transit of Venus

It has been way too long. I have been quite busy and actually have photo editing still to do and post from back in January! But, although I am over 6 months behind, I'll still do another couple of posts from the last few weeks. These three images are ones that I just had to take. The transit of Venus (exactly what it sounds like, an "eclipse" of the Sun by Venus) has only happened (now) eight times since the invention of the telescope! The next one will be in 2117 and who knows if I'll be around to see it. The following images were taken with a 250mm lens, through one sheet of welders glass. Not excellent, but it got the job done. If you look close you can even see some sun spots.
Venus
Transit of Venus
Transit of Venus
Near Sunset
Transit of Venus Behind Clouds
Cloudy Venus Transit

No Response to "Transit of Venus"

Post a Comment