Pollen Pusher

Although a little less exciting than the last bee image I posted, I think this one fills the gap in clarity. The morning that I made this image and the flying bee image I sat on a rock in front of these flowers for a good hour or so. There were about 5 or 6 bees that seemed to keep on circling around the flowers and I was hoping to get at least one decent image. Working close up like this (especially with a subject that is constantly moving) the battle is with the depth of field. If your focus is even slightly off your (moving, macro) subject ilyour focus will be off too. In order to combat this, my next attempts will involve trying to maximize the depth of field by closing up the aperture (big F number) and introducing some off camera flash. Hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend!

Macro Photography of a Bee Collecting Pollen
bee2

No Response to "Pollen Pusher"

Post a Comment