Steve and Josephine ... My Bad

When I put up the first few pictures I took of the osprey on Navy Bay Field, I got told off by one of my classmates I graduated with. I was unaware of this, but apparently these two birds have names. Well, at least to the RMC civil engineers of the class of 2008. The male was named Steve and the Female was named Josephine during the survey camp in 2007. So ... since Steve and Josephine are always around, I will more than likely have more pictures of them to come, and I will show them the respect they deserve. Thank you Lydia, and I'm sorry :P. On a side note, so that I was able to accurately name Steve and Josephine, I had to look up exactly how it was that you tell a male and a female osprey apart. Apparently it is quite easy! The females have a band of darker feathers on their chest (dubbed their 'necklace' or their 'bra') wheras the male's chest is just white. In the first picture you can clearly see Josephine's necklace, wheras Steve (in the second picture), has none. Neat! To see the rest of the pictures of Josephine and Steve, including those I posted earlier, you can do so here. To see the rest of my flickr photostream click here.

Josephine
Josephine
LARGE

Steve
Steve
LARGE

No Response to "Steve and Josephine ... My Bad"

Post a Comment